quinta-feira, 26 de dezembro de 2019

Sandy Denny - I'Ve Always Kept a Unicorn

Prenda de Natal de mim para mim esta biografia de Sandy Denny que promete fornecer-me momentos de prazer tão intensos como a audição da sua discografia. Se recordar é viver então vou viver muito nos próximos tempos acompanhado sempre pela Sandy Denny.







Good morning, good afternoon, 
And what have you got to say? 
Well I'm waiting, but I can't stay long, 
It's such a lovely day. 

There's a time to be talking 
And a time when it's no use. 
Right now I think the things you say 
Are liable to confuse. 

I've just gone solo. 
Do you play solo? 
Ain't life a solo? 
What a wonderful way to live, 

She's traveling all over the world. 
Why, the fame and all the golden 
Opportunities unfurled. 
No time for the gent with the Mulliner Bentley 

And heaven knows what else. 
Why, he wouldn't even stand a chance 
With all his oil-wells. 
She just went solo. 

Do you play solo? 
Ain't life a solo? 
I've always lived in a mansion 
On the other side of the moon. 

I've always kept a unicorn 
And I never sing out of tune. 
I could tell you that the grass is really greener 
On the other side of the hill, 

But I can't communicate with you 
And I guess I never will. 
We've all gone solo. 
We all play solo. 

Ain't life a solo?


A antecipar um desses momentos, proponho "Solo".




Sandy Denny - Solo

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário